Head of Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is manufacturing thousands of printers, an enormous task – and the complexity will grow as we build tens and even hundreds of thousands of electronic products each year. We are looking for someone who will lead the process to take newly innovated products to mass production.
If you are a seasoned manufacturing leader who has brought new products to market, we want you to join our team as our Head of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Manage a direct team of 15+ manufacturing engineers, manufacturing software engineers and program managers responsible for developing and maintaining the manufacturing tools, systems and processes that bring Formlabs products to the market
- Lead the operationalizing of our products through strong program management processes that define and execute requirements from both design and operations teams
- Develop strong processes and NPI accountability crossfades to bring great products to the market via leadership in DFM, DTC & DFQ areas
- Aggressive cost management to facilitate speed to market and then market leading cost structures of components and finished products
- Take design intent manufacturing tools/processes and operationalize those for high volume, consistent quality and low cost manufacturing
- Integrate process discipline, hardware fixtures, software calibration routines and strong management tools to launch and optimize production processes
- Lead and enable Formlabs and 3rd party manufacturing sites globally
- Expand the manufacturing capabilities of our global supply chain to include new vertically integrated functions as well as additional outsourced capabilities, including ODM, JDM, white labeled) to meet the growing product requirements of Formlabs
- Forward thinking strategy of how to ensure Formlabs manufacturing continues to be a strategic advantage and industry disrupter
- Build people, processes and technology to enable Formlabs continued business growth
- A leader who can hire, manage and develop a team of diverse supply chain, manufacturing and engineering professionals
- Highly technical manufacturing/operations leader
- NPI experience bringing new electro-mechanical products to market
- Experience managing leveraging partnerships in Asia to bring products to market
- Have built organizations and processes for high growth companies
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- A driving change agent
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.