Systems Integration Intern (Fall 2023)
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re looking for a hands-on engineer with a wide range of talents- from mechanical design to scripting, test design to data analysis. If this describes you, we want you on the team as a Systems Integration Intern.
Internship Term: Fall 2023
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: A portfolio of your previous engineering work/projects is required. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio.
Creating a robust, high reliability 3D printer necessitates a team of cross disciplinary engineers who can understand complex system interactions in order to integrate new features, validate functionality, and test for reliability. As an intern, you will contribute to this process in the following ways:
- Design and run studies to characterize and evaluate the performance of 3D printers
- Design and build test set ups to evaluate the reliability of 3D printer subsystems
- Debug and diagnose issues with the electro-mechanical systems and work with the Mechanical, Electrical, and Embedded Firmware teams to implement fixes
- Put your software skills to work by writing Python scripts, queries, and making tools to support reliability and characterization studies.
- Polish your time management and communication skills to increase your effectiveness as an engineer
- Assist in building and commissioning prototypes
- Have a desire to hone your skills and learn more about engineering design and the process of bringing products to market
- Have worked with mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and want exposure to the inner workings of 3D printers
- Have one-or-more of the following hands-on experiences:
- Lab research, member of a project team, prior internship or previous work experience
- Have an up to date resume and portfolio of your previous experience to highlight what you have learned and how you have applied that learning
Internships at Formlabs give you the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.