Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Electrical engineering at Formlabs covers the design of physical hardware as well as development of low-level software and firmware that runs our 3D printers and accessories. We’re looking to grow the capacity of our team to take on challenging software projects. If you love writing code that runs on or interfaces with bare-metal hardware, we want you as a Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer. You are highly encouraged to share a portfolio that demonstrates your skills and experience.
- Take high-level product goals and turn them into detailed engineering requirements
- Architect and develop software and firmware in C and C++ for microcontrollers and embedded Linux systems
- Bring up and debug electronic systems at both a software and hardware level
- Work with other engineers to develop communication protocols, feedback control systems, and higher level software systems for machine control and monitoring
- If desired, take on hardware design projects in addition to software development tasks
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience developing software that runs close to hardware (bare-metal or RTOS code on microcontrollers, Linux device drivers, or other similar work)
- Are familiar with the basics of electrical engineering, are comfortable navigating schematics and PCB layouts, and can use tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers to debug code running on embedded systems
- Are comfortable working with C and C++ codebases, Linux-based development environments, and microcontroller debugging toolchains.
- Experience with Yocto Linux
- Experience with signal processing and/or feedback control systems
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.