Mechanical Engineering Intern (Winter/Spring 2024)
Location: Somerville, MA
If you are passionate about hands-on engineering and rapid prototyping and are ready to tackle intriguing challenges on a real world product, we want you on our team as a Mechanical Engineering Intern.
Internship Term: Winter/Spring 2024 (approximate dates: January 22 - April 26)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: A portfolio of your previous engineering work/projects is required. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio.
- Design, assemble, test, and evaluate the performance of 3D printers.
- Participate in design reviews and help solve design, engineering, and manufacturing problems.
- Polish your time management and communication skills to increase your effectiveness as an engineer.
- Build prototype components and assemblies using our in-house facilities.
- Put your CAD skills to work designing parts and assemblies, creating engineering drawings and learning about the importance of documentation control.
- Assist with direct communications to our vendors and suppliers to help overcome production challenges.
- Have a desire to hone your skills and learn more about engineering design and the process of bringing products to market.
- Have worked with mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and want exposure to the inner workings of 3D printers.
- Have one-or-more of the following hands-on experiences:
- Lab research, member of a project team, prior internship or previous work experience
- Have an up to date resume and portfolio of your previous experience to highlight what you have learned and how you have applied that learning.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.