Senior Industrial Designer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Industrial Design team enables accessible and productive experiences for our users and communicates the values of the brand through beautiful, functional hardware design. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, engineers, and scientists to make a significant impact on a rapidly-emerging class of products. If you are passionate about delivering great user experiences and have the skills to contribute, we want you to join our team as a Senior Industrial Designer.
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your work or projects is required.
- Design beautiful products that people love to use, from idea to production
- Develop design concepts with clear and compelling visual communication
- Prototype continuously and test designs with users
- Manage all aspects of the hardware user experience, from unboxing to maintenance
- Create high quality CAD to communicate design intent
- Collaborate closely with Product, UI Design, Engineering, Manufacturing to develop well-balanced solutions
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience and can share a portfolio of relevant design work
- Proven track record of designing products and bringing them to market
- Actively involved in the day to day design of products
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes
- Experience solving complex problems with engineering and manufacturability constraints
- Demonstrate fluency in aesthetic decision making and an eye for detail
- Able to communicate quickly and effectively with hand sketches
- Highly capable in 3D CAD, Keyshot, and Adobe CC
- Comfortable prototyping using a variety of methods
- Engineering or manufacturing background
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.