Quality Intern (Spring 2024 Co-op)
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing Product Integrity team is responsible for hardware manufacturing quality, field performance and reliability. As our product line evolves to new form factors and industry segments, we’re driving quality upstream, diving into product development and working closely with design engineers to establish requirements and critical to quality design elements. We then qualify those elements through suppliers and into production. Our team collaborates across many functions and geographic regions to enhance user experience and drive product reliability.
Do you want to leverage process improvement, problem solving, data analytics and test engineering to improve Formlabs hardware? We want you to join our team as a Quality Intern.
Internship Term: Spring 2024 (January 22 - June 21, 2024)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
- Partner with design engineers to develop quality control plans, own their execution and report results
- Develop and utilize key process indicators to drive continuous quality improvement through Formlabs design teams and supply chain partners
- Work with sub-tier suppliers to ensure high performance for critical to quality components
- Support corrective and preventive action (CAPA) system and deploy it across the Formlabs supply base
- Work with the Manufacturing, Integration, and Test teams to create processes, tests, and procedures to improve machine reliability and manufacturing efficiency
- Technical problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics or data analysis
- Have an understanding of engineering drawings and part tolerancing
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.