Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
This is a unique opportunity to work on the mass production of parts and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability. This role will play a key role in setting-up a model world-class, large scale additive manufacturing production facility; from 3D Printing to post-processing to fulfillment. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the production line. This includes determining the workflow; developing resource allocation tools; defining manufacturing execution systems requirements; influencing the hardware utilized in this workflow.
If you want to help create the processes that maximize throughput in 3d printing and create new industry standards for 3d printing usage we want you as an Industrial Engineer.
Location: Greater DTW Area - Ohio
- Responsible for designing optimal workflow that cost effectively maximizes production
- Able to perform root cause analysis and utilize Statistical DOE to generate data rapidly and accurately
- Support technicians and trouble-shoot technical issues as needed
- Identify equipment required to achieve desired efficiencies
- Establishing factory-wide dashboards, process mapping and supporting a 5S program.
- Ensure safety and compliance in the process, including chemical and occupational safety
- Role will be accountable to improving key KPIs: Cost, Speed, Utilization, and Quality
- 3+ years experience
- Have experience with lean manufacturing
- Experience working with hardware as well as software engineering teams
- Proven ability to develop, validate, and document processes
- Have Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degrees in Engineering, Operations or related field
- Knowledge or working experience with 3D printing/additive manufacturing
- Experience with 6 Sigma techniques
- Advanced skills with Excel/Google tools for data management
- Experience in PLC programming
- Ability to work w/ large sets of data through Python, SQL, or visualization tools
- Worked with stochastic operations modeling/simulation tools
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.