Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As mechanical engineers at a 3D printing company we create tools we use ourselves. We’re excited to build devices that not only create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. Our team prototypes, designs, and manufactures the mechanisms and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability.
If you want to help design and create the tools you would love to use yourself, we want you as a Mechanical Engineer.
Hear more about what it's like working at Formlabs from Rosa Ruiz
- Prototype new mechanisms, test materials, and research 3D printing challenges
- Analyze, test, validate and iterate on electro-mechanical systems
- Create detailed designs in CAD and well-specified, accurate drawings
- Collaborate with our Global Sourcing and Manufacturing Teams to bring designs from prototype to mass production
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing
- Strive to maximize customer value
- Engineer the most amazing desktop 3D printer on the market
- Want to build a precision tool that is beautiful inside and out
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection, and manufacturing techniques
- Craft elegant designs that function with efficiency and simplicity
- Use 3D CAD (Solidworks/Onshape) to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
- Are familiar with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding and sheet metal fabrication
- Can prototype your own designs in our well equipped shop
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- Can communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
- Programming skills (Python)
- Experience working with a contract manufacturer
- PLM/document control systems
- Industrial design
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.