Software Technical Program Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Technical Program Managers at Formlabs are technical staff who usher new technology from concept through production; partnering with the design team and the product stakeholders to develop world-class products. They are the nexus between the individual engineers, hardware program teams, product stakeholders, and senior management, coordinating all program activities from design to production launch.
If you’re excited to engage with a wide range of technical disciplines, increase the efficiency of software development on a growing team, and ship high-value features to thousands of users, we want you to join the Software Engineering Team as a Software Technical Program Manager.
- Responsible for managing the strategy, overall planning, execution, and delivery of technically complex software features from research to release, across all software engineering platforms at Formlabs
- Manage scope, resources, and timeline with Technical Leads, Product Managers, Leadership, and Hardware Program Managers to deliver projects on time and with maximum user value
- Ensure software releases reach tens of thousands of users smoothly, with predictable engineering effort and cadence
- Build and maintain new project management tools to monitor and evaluate the software engineering team’s performance
- Coordinate dependencies across teams, including Materials and Validation
- Are ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Are a Software Engineer at heart with a strong sense of organization and planning
- Have a history as a successful SW engineer or a very technical product or program
- Are able to talk about the details of software features you have shipped and how you measured their success
- Able to have deep technical conversations with Software Engineers of many disciplines, including embedded systems, algorithms, UI, and web development
- Comfortable using Atlassian products or custom software to develop the right project management tools for a given program
- Highly collaborative with a bias for action, constantly striving to improve schedule and program efficiency. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience program managing R&D projects with unclear deadlines or deliverables at the onset
- Experience in robotics or automation
- Experience with multiple software engineering fields
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.